Not only are we approaching the end of the year, but we are also approaching the end of another decade!
When Big Ben strikes on January 1st we say goodbye to the 10’s and welcome 2020 with open arms. Some may feel like this decade has flown by. So much has happened in pop culture that it can be hard to believe that it has already been ten years since 2009. With that in mind, this month we look back at where we were ten years ago. Here are some notable highlights from the year 2009…
- Slumdog Millionaire won best picture at the Oscars.
- Barcelona won the Champions League final with a 2 – 0 victory over Manchester United
- Barack Obama was sworn in as the 44th president of the USA
- Footballer Neymar made his professional debut
- Adele won best new artist at the Grammy awards
- Apple released the iPhone 3GS
- In league two Lincoln City finished 13th and Grimsby Town finished 22nd.
- Christian bale had his infamous rant on the set of Terminator
- Susan Boyle was runner up in Britains got Talent (she was beaten by dance group Diversity)
- Killing in the name by Rage against the Machine was Christmas number one
- Kanye West interrupted Taylor Swifts VMA acceptance speech
- Avatar was released and (only until recently) became the highest-grossing film of all time
2009 certainly was an eventful way to round out the decade! Hopefully, you have all enjoyed this fond look back at ten years ago. Here’s hoping you have some fond memories of the 2010s and the 2020s will be a memorable one for you too…